Sunday, March 28, 2010

Compassion Video

So I totally stole this video from my friend Amy but it really hit home with me when I watched it. She is really involved with Compassion International and actually just went on her first trip to Ethiopia in March with a group from Compassion. The video is talking about Compassion and the impact they have had on lives throughout the world over the years. The whole video is wonderful, but what really struck me was in the last minute...one thing I really struggled with when I first started emailing with Tamrat was the whole age thing. I thought, "How on earth am I going to be able to mother a 12 year old?...I'm 24!" Despite that initial thought, I knew I was so incredibly blessed with the opportunity to be a mother to this precious boy, but I was afraid of what others might think of this "unconventional" situation. I quickly got over my insecurity about it, but this video was refreshing to watch. Just proves that it's ok to go against the grain and do something a little untraditional when you're young...


1 comment:

Kimberly Baggett said...

incredibly powerful. you are right where the Lord wants you to be....open, willing and passionate about the things that break His heart....i am so happy for you!